Education and Outreach
As part of the SPC's education and outreach, it holds several in-person and online meetings and educational events a year. The SPC believes it will require collaboration throughout the supply chain to affect the change needed to realize sustainable packaging. As a result, the SPC continually looks for opportunities to advance its mission through participation in and hosting of conferences and meetings.
SPC Advance 2015
Visit www.spcadvance.com for the full agenda and conference details
A one-of-a-kind conference offered exclusively to SPC members Join us in downtown Charlotte, North Carolina this October for SPC Advance, the sustainable packaging conference designed specially for SPC members. This year's SPC Advance once again features its signature combination of collaborative working sessions, impactful presentations, eye-opening tours, and ample networking activities. Key themes for 2015 are dialogue, highlighting several of the most prominent issues in sustainable packaging, and the circular economy, highlighting the most current thinking in packaging material flows and implementable systems to enhance our industry's long-term resilience and ability to regenerate.
Selected highlights of SPC Advance
- Keynote Presentation from Domtar CEO John Williams on using sustainability as a framework to provide shareholder value
- Several point-counterpoint sessions on the hotbutton issues in sustainable packaging
- A special tour of a responsibly managed family-owned woodland area
- Collaborative working sessions for the SPC's Industry Leadership Committees
- The local perspective from Mecklenburg County Solid Waste Director Jeffrey Smithberger
- The second annual SPC Advance Pub Crawl
- A comprehensive set of presentations, facilitated discussions and tours around a major initiative to scale up composting in the Charlotte area
- A special offering of the SPC's Essentials of Sustainable Packaging training seminar
- Panel presentation and discussion of the outlook for alternative fiber usage in the paper industry
- Beginner group yoga offered Wednesday and Thursday morning
- A panel discussion by leadership companies in sustainable packaging followed by a member-wide facilitated discussion of the future of sustainable packaging
Attendees must register by Tuesday, September 11th to avoid a $150 late registration fee.
All SPC members receive one or two complimentary registrations, depending on membership level. Additional registrations are $899.
- $11,000 and $6,000-level corporate members: Two complimentary attendees.
- $2,500-level corporate members, academic institutions, and government agency members: One complimentary attendee.
- Affiliate members are welcome to register at the rate of $899 per attendee.
To register as a member, you must log into your SPC account. Your username is your email address. If you've forgotten your password, you can have a new one emailed to you by clicking on "Forgot Password" on the homepage.
Rooms at the Omni Charlotte are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can make your reservation by calling 800.843.6664 and specifying that you are attending GreenBlue's event. Register online here.
We are currently seeking SPC member companies to act as sponsors for SPC Advance. A number of opportunities are available with different levels of sponsorship and sponsor benefits. For more information on becoming a sponsor, please vist the SPC Advance website or contact Adam Gendell by email or by phone at 434.817.1424 ext. 321.
If you have any questions about SPC Advance, please feel free to email us.