The Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC) is a project of GreenBlue, a nonprofit that equips business with the science and the resources to make products more sustainable. The SPC is an industry working group dedicated to a more robust environmental vision for packaging. Through strong member support, an informed and science-based approach, visionary supply chain collaborations and continuous outreach, we endeavor to build packaging systems that encourage economic prosperity and a sustainable flow of materials.
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition envisions a world where all packaging is...
In summary: we envision a true closed loop system for all packaging.
- Sourced responsibly
- Designed to be effective and safe throughout its lifecycle
- Meets market criteria for performance and cost
- Made entirely using renewable energy
- Once used, is recycled efficiently to provide a valuable resource for subsequent generations
mission is to advocate and communicate a positive, robust environmental
vision for packaging and to support innovative, functional packaging
materials and systems that promote economic and environmental health
through supply chain collaboration.
- Provide a forum for supply chain collaboration
- Share best practices and design guidelines
- Support innovation and effective, new technologies
- Provide education, resources and tools
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition is an unincorporated project of GreenBlue, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. The SPC is guided by a nine-member Executive Committee that advises GreenBlue's staff and Board of Directors.